For Coronavirus Advice for ADIs please see our dedicated Coronavirus page
UPDATED 27th March 2020 to include Support for the Self Employed.
With the Government advice to now STAY AT HOME until April 13th, we feel it goes without saying that all training scheduled must now be postponed.
If you speak to any of our customers, please ask them to contact us in the first instance. Please don’t rearrange any training just yet.
Our advice (as of today’s date) is that once the Government confirm the temporary restrictions will be lifted on April 13th, then we will contact you to with news about rearranging training.
If you have any invoices that you have generated, please do not worry…. They will be paid as usual. Our Accountants are all at work (from home offices) and much of the system processes are automated so all will carry on as usual.
If you have any questions, please email us at the support team, and we will be able to help: email@example.com
Please find a copy of the recent Webinar on our webinars page- in case you missed it or would like to watch it again: Trainers’ Webinars
Please take a look at the resources page here: WLD Trainers Resources
This page include access to the iCourse that all our students must complete and will be referred to, access to the Trainer’s Guide
Below we give an overview of the Chancellor’s Self Employed Support:
• The introduction of a Self Employed Income Support Scheme
• Comprises of a taxable grant of up to 80% of your monthly income, capped at £2,500 per month
• Those eligible can claim the grant and also still continue to do business
• To make the scheme fair, only those who have trading profits of up to £50,000 are eligible
• Only those who have filed a 2019 tax return will be eligible
• If you missed the January 2019 deadline, you can file in the next 4 weeks (the clock starts today on that) and still be eligible
• Grant will be paid monthly and for an initial 3 month period, the Chancellor will consider an extension if necessary
• If you have only completed tax returns over one year, your eligibility will be assessed on that
• If you have three year’s returns, or more, your grant will be assessed on the average of those
• Scheme will be managed by HMRC and payments made to your designated bank account by them
• Timeline is to start grants being available at the start of June – you will apparently receive 3 months at once in June
• Income tax payments, due in July, will be deferred to January 2021
• July deadline for self-assessment deferred to January.
• Self Employed will also have access to Business Interruption Loan
• A range of grants and loans will be available to small businesses across the UK
• Employers can apply for grants via HMRC to help cover employee salaries – the Chancellor has said the government will pay 80% of wages for employees who are not working, up to £2,500 a month.
• Business rates have been cut
• VAT payments will be deferred for the next quarter
The government has set up a special website giving lots of information and guidance about the support available. More details on measures to help small businesses, more detail available here
• Next Self-Assessment payments deferred to January 2021
• You can apply for Universal Credit now – minimum income floor suspended for self-employed, so can claim universal credit
• Self-employed workers will have quicker and easier access to benefit support during the coronavirus pandemic
• Working Tax credits allowance will be increased by £1000 Financial Hardship Resources
• Lenders will offer 3 month payment holidays for mortgages
• Tenants will be given extra financial support – the Chancellor pledged £1bn of support for renters
• Housing benefit minimum increased to 30 per cent of market rent
• Landlords cannot evict tenants for 3 months
• Universal credit allowance increased by £1,000
For more in-depth advice on eligibility for and access to benefits such as Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Housing Benefit, guidance on dealing with any household or business financial liabilities etc., members can also look for guidance and contact the following –
Money Saving Advice Service – free and impartial money advice, set up by government
Citizens Advice Bureau
MoneySavingExpert – this link specifically details advice related to Coronavirus
HMRC Helpline: 0800 0159 559
If you are thinking of becoming a driving instructor then I can't rate SmartDriving highly enough.
The training system is excellent the virtual classrooms are enjoyable and very informative and Andrew and the team are always available to answer any queries, not matter how trivial.
Top Team who assisted me greatly in obtaining my ADI Licence.
The only company ever to win 3 Prestigious Industry awards!