iCourse Pro Terms and Conditions
Up to 8 days (64 hours) face-to-face training free of charge if following terms are met:
General terms and conditions:
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency known from hereon as: DVSA.
“You” or “Your” is You the consumer and not a business. “We”, “Our” or “Us” is watch Learn drive.com Ltd T/A SmartDriving.
“Start Date” is the date that Your course starts; this is determined by the date that the course ‘Welcome Email’ is sent.
1. These Terms and Conditions are written in English and are subject to English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
2. Please note You must read, sign and return these terms and conditions to the address above, before a study pack is sent to You and before any free face-to-face training can commence. If You do not return these terms We will deem the offer of the free element forfeited and withdrawn.
3. By signing this document (and/or registering and agreeing to these terms online) You are accepting these terms and conditions wholly and are agreeing to abide by them completely. You understand and agree that You are entering into a contract described in the ‘pre contract’ information supplied to You here: https://smartdriving.co.uk/driving-instructor-training/pre-contract-terms-and-conditions/. If You have any doubts, please seek proper legal advice prior to signing this document (and/or registering and agreeing to these terms online).
4. As this is a digital product You will also be asked to agree to a copy of these terms prior to accessing the course and in doing so, You agree to these terms and conditions, You are expressly requesting for us to supply the digital content sooner than then end of the ‘right to cancel’ period (described below), You acknowledge that you are waiving Your right to cancel, and no refund is applicable.
6. These terms and conditions are not flexible.
7. You must not share any information We send You (whether We send it by post or internet) with any other person or company without our expressly written consent.
8. We reserve the right to refuse acceptance onto our course.
What We expect of You:
9. It is Your responsibility to ensure that You comply with the DVSA legal requirements regarding licence, eyesight and ‘fit and proper’ person criteria. Information regarding these legal requirements is available from the DVSA. It is also Your responsibility to ensure that You are eligible to work in the UK.
10. You will apply for the Criminal Record Bureau Check provided by and be approved by the DVSA. Information regarding these requirements is available from the DVSA.
11. That You do not work for a competitor and/or are already an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) (also see clauses headed plagiarism).
12. You must follow and complete all iCourse Pro work, practice sessions and mock tests in full as structured and prescribed by Us, and any additional work provided upon request.
13. You are responsible for the booking, paying, managing and cancelling of all DVSA tests. You must inform Us of all test appointments and amendments by email. You must not book or sit a test without our express consent. You must inform us of all test results by email.
14. The course requires dedication, self-discipline and self-motivation and also requires practise in Your own vehicle. Unlimited email support is provided but the degree of support will vary from person-to-person and will be determined by Your support requests. You must keep us informed of progress by email as and when prompted by iCourse.
15. You must also inform us, as soon as is reasonably practical, of any change to your circumstances or anything that may affect your ability to complete the course as prescribed. Failure to do so will result in the offer of free training being withdrawn (unless exceptional circumstances can be proven – such as delays in CRB/DBS and test dates – for which We will require written evidence).
What We provide.
16. SmartDriving iCourse Pro is an integrated digital course that is sold and provided as a complete product. All elements of the course, including timescales, are structured to maximise knowledge and progress. The course must be completed in sequence as prescribed by Us. The iCourse Pro is designed to cover all aspects of the DVSA ADI Examination including but not limited to:
17. iCourse Theory – Part 1 Theory and Hazard Perception:
Theory training covering;
• The British Road System – history and layouts;
• Road procedure, traffic signs and signals, car control, pedestrians;
• Mechanical knowledge;
• Driving test disabilities and the law;
• Client Centred, Coaching and Instructional techniques;
• Hazard Perception.
18. iCourse Driving – Part 2 Driving Ability
High Speed Driving;
• Dual carriageways;
• Rural Roads;
• Reverse left;
• Reverse right;
• Bay parking;
• Parallel parking;
• Turn in road;
• Emergency stop;
• Pulling up on right
• In town;
• Hazard planning;
• Moving away up/down hill at an angle;
• Pedestrian crossings;
• Use of signals;
• Use of Satnav;
• Following traffic signs;
Vehicle safety checks:
• Show me/Tell me questions
19. iCourse Teaching – Part 3 Instructional Ability
• The Instructor’s Role
• Route Directions
• Lesson Introductions
• Watching the Learner
• Talking and prompting skills
• Using diagrams
• Giving feedback
• Using questions
• The Instructor’s Role
• Route Directions
• Lesson Introductions
• Watching the Learner
• Talking and prompting skills
• Using diagrams
• Giving feedback
• Using questions
• Recognising errors
• Remedial action
• Job sharing
• Lessons theming
• Giving demonstrations
• Keeping control of lesson
• Dual controls
• Lesson Structure
• Moving off
• Emergency stop
• Approaching left
• Approaching right
• Emerging left
• Emerging right
• Pedestrian crossings
• Parallel parking
• Test marking
• Test lesson advice
• Lesson example
The study material provided in each of the three parts of iCourse has relevance to the DVSA examination as a whole. Because of the integrated nature of the course, iCourse cannot be taken as individual parts and must be followed sequentially; Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
In addition to the iCourse, We provide 6 months’ Gold Membership at https://www.adimasterclass.co.uk/ and one-year’s membership to the www.DriverActive.com web site. These memberships give You access to free web based seminars, tutorials, an instructors’ guide, a support-desk, driving and teaching information. In addition, as part of Your Gold Membership You will receive weekly news and business/training articles (by e-mail) to enhance Your learning and knowledge. It is not necessary to utilise the Gold Membership resources to complete iCourse, however We recommend that doing so will enhance Your knowledge and maximise Your chances of training and business success.
Training with a Trainer:
20. SmartDriving iCourse Pro is sold as a complete digital course and does not require face-to-face training in order to pass the three parts of the ADI Qualifying Examination. The free, face-to-face element referred to is to enable You to make a direct comparison to our competitors. The free, face-to-face element is offered with the time frames as specified below (point 22). Should You not meet the timeframes, You could still qualify without face-to-face training. However, We will deliver up to 8 days face-to-face training free of charge, subject to the terms 22, 23, 24 and 25 specified below being met.
21. The SmartDriving iCourse Pro is available to You for 12 calendar months from the date We send the ‘Welcome Email’ (subject header “Welcome to SmartDriving – IMPORTANT INFORMATION” to which this document was attached). After which We will consider the course complete and the account will be closed (unless exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time – for which written evidence will be required). For the avoidance of doubt, We will use our email server’s ‘Sent Items’ record as proof of sending the ‘Welcome Email’ and thus confirming your ‘Start Date’ and we accept no responsibility for emails not being received. Any free face-to-face training must be completed no later than 9 months from the Start Date. The offer of free face-to-face training beyond these periods will be withdrawn (unless exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time – such as delays in CRB and test dates – for which We will require written evidence).
22. The free face-to-face training element will be split into 3 sections and delivered as 1 day (8 hours) in preparation for Part 2 of the DVSA Qualifying Examination and 5 days (40 hours) in preparation for Part 3 of DVSA Qualifying Examination with 2 extra days (16 hours) used ONLY if required post Part 3 test. In order to qualify for face-to-face training free of charge:
a. You must complete and submit to us Part 1 (iCourse Theory) coursework no later than the end of 4 months of the Start Date and prior to booking the Part 1 test of DVSA Qualifying Examination. You must also pass the Part 1 test no later than the end of 5 months from the Start Date. The offer of free training beyond these periods will be deemed to have been taken and will be withdrawn (unless exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time for which We will require written evidence).
b. You must complete and submit to us Part 2 (iCourse Driving) coursework no later than the end of 6 months from the Start Date and prior to booking the Part 2 of DVSA Qualifying Examination. You must pass the Part 2 test no later than the end of 7 months from the Start Date. The offer of free training beyond this period will be deemed to have been taken and will be withdrawn (unless exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time for which we will require written evidence).
c. You must complete and submit to us Part 3 (iCourse Teaching) coursework no later than 8 months from the Start Date and prior to booking the Part 3 of DVSA Qualifying Examination (the offer of free training beyond this period will be deemed to have been taken and will be withdrawn unless exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time for which we will require written evidence).
d. You must, if requested, supply to Us, at Your own expense, a full printed version of Your completed iCourse Pro coursework prior to booking any face-to-face training time and no later than the end of the 8 months’ period from the Start Date.
e. While we will endeavour to arrange training as close to DVSA – ADI test centres as possible, You may have to travel to a training location outside of your local area due to test availability, Trainer knowledge and previous test success rates.
f. Be available for training at the times and locations specified by Us, otherwise We will deem the free training as taken and the offer of free training withdrawn.
g. The time periods above may be extended by us without notice.
23. The free Part 2 face-to-face training will comprise of 1day of training in-car at a 2:1 basis (a ratio of two students to one Trainer). At our discretion, this can be delivered as 2 half-days or a bespoke programme where appropriate. To be eligible to book the free Part 2 training you must agree to and meet the terms 22; a to g above.
24. The free Part 3 face-to-face training will usually comprise of 5 days of training in-car on a 2:1 basis. However, dependent upon iCourse timescales, availability of trainers and DVSA test dates and venues, these 5 days may be a bespoke programme of part in-class and part in-car where appropriate. To be eligible to book the free Part 3 training you must agree to and meet the terms 22; a to g and 23 above.
25. In the event of an unsuccessful attempt at a Part 3 test of the DVSA Qualifying Examination, we offer up-to 2 days free Part 3 training. To be eligible to book these days, You must agree to terms 22; a to g, Section 23 and 24 above, plus:
a. Have been unsuccessful in a first attempt of a Part 3 test of the DVSA Qualifying Examination, no later than the end of 10 months from the Start Date (unless otherwise agreed by Us) for the first day.
b. Have been unsuccessful in a second attempt of a Part 3 test of the DVSA Qualifying Examination, no later than the end of 12 months from the Start Date (unless otherwise agreed by Us) for the second day.
26. If You cannot attend a booked training session, or any part thereof, We will deem the session or part session to be taken unless: exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time (for which we will require written evidence) or if You cancel in writing with a minimum 14 days’ notice.
Course Guarantees: Terms and Conditions:
27. This course comes with a guarantee of placement with a partner driving school should You wish to take it up. All terms in this agreement must be adhered to. Full terms and conditions of this guarantee are available on request and on our website https://smartdriving.co.uk/driving-instructor-training/customer-service-policy/
28. This course comes with a ‘money back guarantee’. All terms in this agreement must be adhered to. Full terms and conditions of this guarantee are available on request and on our website https://smartdriving.co.uk/driving-instructor-training/customer-service-policy/
29. This course comes with an ‘income guarantee’. All terms in this agreement must be adhered to. Full terms and conditions of this guarantee are available on request and on our website https://smartdriving.co.uk/driving-instructor-training/customer-service-policy/
30. Where applicable, all payments, must be made prior to any face-to-face training.
31. If You are a consumer (i.e. You are not purchasing either wholly or in part for Your business or You are not a business) You have the right, in addition to Your other rights, to cancel this contract within 14 days starting the day after We send the ‘Welcome Email’ without giving reason and receive a full refund of any payment You have made to Us. This is known as the ‘right to cancel’ period. The ‘right-to-cancel’ information, how to exercise this right and Your rights to expressly acknowledge and request the start of the digital content sooner than the end of this ‘right to cancel’ period are provided and explained both in the terms online: https://smartdriving.co.uk/driving-instructor-training/terms-and-conditions/ as well as this ‘durable medium’ version.
32. To exercise Your right to cancel, You must inform Us of Your decision to cancel this contract by email or registered post within the ‘right to cancel period’. We are required by the Regulations to ‘make available’ the following template form for you to use in this instance: Cancellation Form. You may use this template form however, You can also inform Us of Your decision to cancel by email or registered post before the end of the ‘right to cancel’ period as described above.
33. You may start the course sooner than the end of the right to cancel period by following this link: https://smartdriving.co.uk/driving-instructor-training/welcome-to-smartdriving/ or by signing and returning these terms. You will be asked to change the temporary password we have sent you to one more memorable to you. By doing so, you are informed herein and on the online page, that you agree to these terms and conditions. Once You have agreed to these terms and conditions (either by signing and returning this durable medium version of the contract and/or agreeing to the terms online) You have expressly requested for us to supply the digital content and acknowledge that you have waived Your right to cancel, and no refund is applicable.
34. Where applicable, if You have set up a payment plan for the course, You are agreeing to make further payments to pay for the balance of course fee. Payments are due on the same date each month. Missed or late payments will deem the course finished and provision for free face-to-face training withdrawn (unless exceptional circumstances can be proven at the time – for which written evidence will be required). For specific payment terms (if applicable) see your ‘Welcome Email’.
35. Once You have agreed to these terms and conditions (either by signing and returning this document and/or accessing the course online) or have gone beyond the 14-day ‘right to cancel’ period We reserve the right to pursue any monies owing to us.
36. Prices for products offered may change at any time, and We do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
We treat copying and plagiarism seriously and will always seek to prosecute. By signing below, You agree that:
37. You do not work for a competitor of SmartDriving and/or You are not an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).
38. Materials supplied by SmartDriving are for Your sole and personal use and may not be shared with or distributed to third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
I agree to these Terms and Conditions wholly and I agree to abide by them completely:
The only company ever to win 3 Prestigious Industry awards!